Our Physicians   Our Services   Our Facilities   Contact Us
 


Welcome to Smithville Regional Hospital

Our Community

Welcome to Smithville, Bastrop County Texas!
The village of "old Smithville" was laid out on 640 acres of land granted to Thomas J. Gazely and Lewis Lomas. There were mercantile stores, dry goods shops and a Masonic Lodge. In 1876, the first post office was established. The settlement was called Smithville. The Taylor, Bastrop and Houston Railroad, later a part of the Missouri, Kansas & Texas System (MKT/Katy), arrived in 1886 and the town grew up between the tracks and the river. Legend has it that a coin was tossed to decide if the name would be changed to Burlesonville for Murray Burleson, who gave the land for the railroad depot. The coin toss resulted in "Smithville" being retained as the name, apparently in honor of pioneer settler William Smith. The town was incorporated in 1895.


Click here to view Smithville Regional Hospital Programs for the Community


Area Events & Attractions
Festivals and Celebrations
Smithville Museums
Recreation and Family Fun
Smithville Public Library

Local Area Schools
Smithville Elementary School
Smithville High School
Texas A&M University
Austin Community College

Additional Links
Smithville Chamber of Commerce
Bastrop County Chamber of Commerce


Real Estate
Remax
Coldwell Banker
Homes.com

Statistics / Economy
Bastrop County Profile
Smithville Population And Demographics
Smithville, TX



© 2012 FastHealth Corporation  Terms  Privacy